Delving into the realm of generative AI assistants opens up a world of innovative possibilities, including for educators. Let’s explore the myriad tasks and feedback mechanisms that these assistants can seamlessly handle, optimizing various facets of educational and professional workflows.
These tips were shared by Eric Curts on his Control Alt Achieve blog.
Tasks Amplified by Generative AI Assistants
- Email writing assistance: Generate emails in a variety of styles, streamlining communication and enhancing professional correspondence. See example
- Lesson Plan crafting: Assist with the creation of lesson plans, ensuring educators have a supportive tool to enhance their teaching strategies. See example
- Assessment generation: Collaborate on the creation of assessments, streamlining the process of designing effective assessments for student understanding. See example
- Rubric development: Assist in the creation of rubrics, providing educators with a resource to articulate clear grading criteria. See example
- Writing spreadsheet formula: Provide support for creating spreadsheet formulas that simplify complex data manipulation tasks. See example
Feedback Mechanisms Enhanced by Generative AI Assistants
- Student writing assessment: Evaluate student writing and provide constructive feedback to help students to improve their writing skills. See an example and another one here
- Self-feedback on written content: Enable users to get feedback on their own writing, whether it is instructions, emails, or any other written content. See example
Using Generative AI for YouTube Analysis
- Video transcript analysis: Use AI to analyze video transcripts to create study guides, summaries, and other educational resources to augment video content. See example
- Note: Easily get a transcript from youtubetranscript.com
In a landscape where time is a precious commodity, generative AI assistants are emerging as valuable collaborators, increasing productivity and efficiency in various educational endeavors. By harnessing their capabilities, educators and professionals alike can embark on a journey of enhanced creativity, streamlined workflows, and enriched learning experiences. Eric Curts’ insights provide a roadmap for educators to explore and integrate these transformative technologies into their daily practices.
Also from Eric Curts’s blog:
Want to explore AI tools?